From the outside they look like ordinary chocolate cookies, but the soft caramel flavor will set these cookies apart.
For the dough:
- 1¼ cups of sifted flour
- ¼ cup of sifted cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 stick (8.5 tablespoons) of soft butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3.5 oz (½ cup minus 2 tablespoons) of dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- ½ cup of Biscoff Spread
- 3.5 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Prepare the dough: Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Blend butter with both types of sugar in a mixer bowl with a K-Beater for a uniform mixture. Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend well. Add the flour mixture and blend just until the dough becomes uniform. Keep refrigerated while preparing the filling.
- Preparing the filling: Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add Biscoff Spread and mix well with a tablespoon or a teaspoon until the mixture resembles a soft, comfortable but not sticky dough. Make 25 little balls from the mixture 3/4 of an inch in diameter.
- Assemble the cookies and bake: Form approximately 25 balls from the dough, slightly larger than the filling balls (approximately 1 inch in diameter) and flatten them manually into flat and thin circles. Place a ball of filling at the center of each circle, close off the edges of the dough so that the filling is well wrapped and roll between your hands until a ball is made. Place in the baking pan and flatten to a thickness of approximately ¾ of an inch.