Speculoos Crunch Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup Speculoos Spread
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place 4 4-inch mini springform pans, as well as a very large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the Speculoos and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the Speculoos. Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan or tray with parchment or wax paper. Pour the Speculoos-Rice Krispies mixture onto the lined cookie sheet and spread evenly. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to chill.
- While the coated cereal mixture is cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to soften.
- After about 30-45 minutes (you want the Speculoos coating to be cooled and firm but not frozen at this point) – break the coated cereal into bite sized pieces. Place back into the freezer, if necessary until the ice cream is softened.
- Once your ice cream is softened (it should be just softened enough to stir in the coated cereal but not so melted that it is runny), remove the large mixing bowl and the springform pans from the freezer.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the Speculoos-Rice Krispie mixture (this will be used as the topping on the min cakes).
- Quickly combine the ice cream and remaining coated cereal in the chilled mixing bowl, then pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan, packing it firmly so that there are no air pockets. Top the cake with the reserved Speculoos-Rice Krispie mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the springform pans back into the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- Remove the cake from the freezer about 5 to 10 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator to soften a bit.
- When ready to serve, place the cakes on a individual dessert plates and remove the sides of the springform pans. Serve immediately.